- 4 pork chops (any style you like), trimmed
- ~ Seasoning Rub:
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ~ Salsa:
- 1 mango, diced (maybe about a cup or so)
- 1 cup (approximately) fresh pineapple diced (I use equal amounts of mango and pineapple)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, and finely diced (more or less to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon red onion (more or less to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
This is one of my favorite new summer recipes, so I figured I better post it before it’s too cold to grill!
Oh and here’s the easiest way I’ve found to cut a mango. Slice the mango on both sides of the oblong pit. Next, you make slices through the flesh horizontally and vertically…
Then, push your thumbs on the skin side to make the flesh pop out and slice the little pieces off of the skin. It’s fun to eat off of the skin like this, too!
In a bowl combine all spices and then rub on both sides of pork chops. Cut and mix all salsa ingredients and put in refrigerator to chill while cooking pork chops. Grill pork chops and then serve topped with fruit salsa.
** I never actually measure my salsa ingredients. I just cut and throw it together the way we like it to taste. I bet this salsa would also be good if you swapped out one of the fruits for peaches and maybe threw in some red peppers, too, but I love it as is!
Adapted from recipegirl.