- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/3 C. packed light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 C. flour
- 2/3 C. chocolate chips
- 10 oz. cream cheese, room temp
- 1/4 C. sugar
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
Slightly dangerous to have around the house! These have a graham cracker crust, cheesecake in the middle, cookie dough on top! Just a side note, they have to be refrigerated either over night or for a few hours. So plan ahead if you want to take them somewhere!
1. Preheat oven to 325. Line an 8″ square baking pan with parchment paper or foil allowing a little overhand and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Mix the melted butter and graham cracker crumbs until thoroughly combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 6 minutes. Remove pan to a cooling rack. Leave your oven on while you prepare the dough.
3. While the crust is cooling, prepare the chocolate chip cookie dough. In a bowl, beat butter (5 Tbsp. room temp), brown sugar,sugar, salt, and vanilla until smooth and thoroughly combined, about one minute. Mix in the flour on low speed, and mix until just incorporated. Mix in the chocolate chips, set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in the egg and vanilla on low speed. Pour the cheesecake batter into the prepared crust. Using your hand to form clumps, distribute the cookie dough onto the top of the cheesecake batter in teaspoon-sized clumps. Be sure to use all the dough.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes, until the top feels dry and firm (the cookie dough) and the entire pan looks set if given a gentle shake. Move bars to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely. Chill in refrigerator overnight or for at least a couple hours. Lift the bars out by the overhand and cut into squares for serving.
Adapted from : Brandysbaking