- 4 oz cream cheese (half of a brick), softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese (or your preference)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (we love Roots brand)
- 1 cup canned corn kernels
- 1/2 teaspon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- salte and pepper to taste
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 12-14 flour tortillas (8" tortillas are perfect)
These are great! I’ve made these for so long that I don’t even know where I got the recipe. Definitely worth a try!
Preheat oven to 325. In a medium bowl, cream together cream cheese and sour cream. Stir in 1/2 cup enchilada sauce and 1 cup grated cheese. In 2nd bowl toss together chicken, corn, cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper, and half of scallions. Add chicken mixture to cheese mixture and stir together. Spread a 1/2 cup of sauce in the bottom of a 13×9 pan. Put about 1/3 cup of filling mix in each tortilla and roll. Place each enchilada seam side down in the pan. Repeat, using all filling. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas. Bake for 20-25 minutes, adding remaining cup of cheese for the last 5 minutes. Sprinkle with scallions and serve.