- - Pie Pop Ingredients -
- lollipop sticks
- small bowl of water
- 1 package store bought pie crust dough, thawed (or your own recipe for pie dough)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted or egg whites
- canned pie filling, or homemade apple filling (below) other options: chocolate, marshmallows, peanutbuter, nutella, etc...
- cookie cutters
- - Apple Pie Filling -
- 1 medium apple, peeled and grated
- 1/4 tspn ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cold butter, grated
- (Combine all ingredients together)
- - Glaze -
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1-3 teaspoons milk
- (Whisk all ingredients together)
How cute are these pie pops? I thought I should post them now before Valentine’s Day arrives because these are a sweet treat for your sweetie-pie! Looking back, I’m surprised it took Casey and I this long to start our blog since we always seem to cook/bake/make something when we get together! Casey, our two oldest (at the time, our only two), and I got together last year before Valentine’s Day to make these. (Pictures below) We were both very pregnant, too! The filling possibilities are endless. We packaged these up in individual cellophane bags to give, out as Valentine’s treats! Super cute!
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place pie crust on a lightly floured surface. Using cookie cutters, cut out desired shapes of choice. Place about 1-2 teaspoons of your choice of filling on one cut out, keeping it about 1/4 inch from the edges. Place a lollipop stick in center of the shape with the stick almost to the top of the shape. Wet your finger in a small bowl of water and then wet the edges of the piece of dough with the filling and stick on it. Next, place a 2nd piece of dough in the same shape on top of the first piece. Using a fork or another lollipop stick, crimp the edges, making sure to seal around the stick. Make a small poke on the top of the pie pop so that steam can vent. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. If desired, brush the top of the pops with butter or egg whites and sprinkle with sugar. You could also do a glaze after it bakes. Bake pie pops for 12-15 minutes or until very lightly browned. Cool for a couple minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack or countertop. Cool completely before packaging.