- 4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1/4 C. chicken broth
- parsley, oregano, and basil to taste (about 1 tsp. each, maybe a little more)
- 3 cloves of pressed garlic
- 1/2 stick butter
- salt and pepper
- 8 slices of pepper jack cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 C. white wine
- 1 C. seasoned croutons, crushed
- 1/2 sleeve of Ritz crackers, crushed
Goal: Make this chicken look as delicious as it tastes, I tried!…. I was in a hurry and actually wanted to eat this piping hot. Which means, I didn’t take much time photographing it! I LOVE THIS DISH. So much, that I made it for Evan’s 1st Birthday Party as my main dish. I could actually be thrown together in about 15 minutes if you have all your ingredients on hand and chicken already thawed (if you are using frozen chicken breasts).
Preheat oven to 350. Saute garlic in butter. Add chicken to a shallow buttered casserole dish and season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Layer cheese slices on top of chicken. In a medium bowl, add cream of chicken soup, wine, broth, and spices and pour over the cheese. Sprinkle the crushed crutons and crackers on top and drizzle with the melted butter and garlic. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.