- 2 medium avocados, halved, seeded, and peeled
- 1/4 C. bottled green salsa (salsa verde)
- 1 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1/2 C. finely chopped fresh pineapple or canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 C. black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 fresh jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 C. shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
Just a different spin on guacamole, the sweetness of the pineapple adds a lot to the flavor, don’t let it scare you away!
In a large bowl, mash avocados. Stir in salsa and sour cream until combined. Stir in pineapple, beans, jalapeno, onion, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, salt, and cumin. Cover and chill for 2 hours or until ready to serve. Sprinkle with Montery Jack cheese. If desired, sprinkle guacamole with fresh cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.
Recipe Source: Taste of Home