- 2 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 teaspoons grill seasoning, (recommended: McCormick Montreal Seasoning) eyeball it
- 1 pizza dough, store bought or from your favorite pizzeria
- Cornmeal or flour, to handle dough.. or one premade dough such as Boboli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, or a few generous handfuls
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
I’m on a “different” pizza kick. I like to try out all these different variations that are floating around the internet. This is a Rachel Ray recipe. I feel like her recipes are hit or miss, this one is a hit!
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Preheat grill pan to high.
Place chicken on a plate and drizzle extra-virgin olive oil over the chicken then season with grill seasoning. When grill is hot, add chicken and cook about 3 minutes on each side, or until chicken is done.
Use a premade pizza crust (if you want to make it the quick way) OR.. Stretch dough to form pizza using cornmeal or flour to help you handle it. If you let it rest and warm up a few minutes it will handle even easier. Set pizza on pizza pan to the side.
In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter and stir in Worcestershire, hot sauce, and tomato sauce.
Remove the chicken from grill and thinly slice it. Add chicken to sauce and coat. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes until sauce slightly thickens. Cover the pizza dough with the saucy Buffalo chicken, cheese, and scallions. Bake 18 minutes or until crisp.