- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen broccoli, cooked, drained, and chopped
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs or 5 egg yolks
My little one, Cora, is a good eater, but for whatever reason is not fond of broccoli. I was determined to get her to develop a taste for it, so I was very happy when I found this recipe! She absolutely loves these! My husband came home after I’d made a double batch and pulled them from the oven to cool and said, “What’s this?” as he popped one in his mouth. I just smiled and said, “Ummm baby food.” He shrugged his shoulders saying, “Oh, well it’s good.” So these might be appealing for more than just young ones! These are also great when you’re on the run!
Preheat oven to 375 and lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil or cooking spray and set aside. Combine all ingredients, mixing well with hands. Shape the mixture into nuggets or shape of your choice. (The nugget shape reheats well as it is uniform in shape) Place nuggets on baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning nuggets over after 15 minutes.
* If you want to save some for later, bake them, allow to cool, freeze them on the baking sheet and then place in a freezer-safe ziploc. You can pull them out as needed and warm them in the microwave.
* These are best served warm and crumble easily for little ones learning to eat finger foods.
* If you don’t want to use egg for this recipe, I have substituted 1 tablespoon of apple sauce in place of each egg yolk and that worked great, too!
Source: Wholesome Baby Food