- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3-5 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup or more as needed, shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
This is spectacular. So easy. So good. You must agree that these are our favorite recipes to make, right? I think the secret ingredient is Italian dressing. Anything that has italian dressing in it is usually good!
In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, beans, corn, dressing, taco seasoning and cumin. In an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, start to make layers of tortilla shell on the bottom. Cut the tortilla shell so that it makes a single layer in the bottom of the pan (like lasagna it doesn’t matter if it isn’t in perfect strips), top with 1/3 of the meat mixture, spread sour cream on top of the meat mixture, then sprinkle with cheese. Repeat, starting with a layer of tortilla shell again. When finished you will end up having three layers of tortilla ending with cheese on top.
Cover and bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes; top with lettuce, tomato and cilantro. Yield: 8 servings.
Recipe Source: Taste of Home