- 1/2 cup canned whole cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 jalapeno, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 white onion coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup Mexican-flavored canned tomatoes, Rotel
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
My mom made this as an appetizer on Thanksgiving.. All of these Thanksgiving recipes coming out of the woodwork! They aren’t just Thanksgiving specific, ya know! I am not a huge fan of cranberries, I usually just eat them dried or in salads. I never eat that gelled cranberry sauce that looks like the shape of a can, nor have I tried it! Anyways, this salsa was a little bit sweet mixed with a little bit spicy, perfect! Make it!
Place the cranberry sauce, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, onion, red pepper, green pepper, tomatoes, and salt, and pepper, to taste in a food processor and pulse until blended, but still chunky.