- 2 tubs/cartons/cans Tomato Basil Soup (I used Aldi's Little Salad Bar Tomato Basil Soup found in fridge section)
- 4 slices Baguette, ¼” thick
- Olive oil
- 2 slices Fresh mozzarella
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cloves Garlic
- 1 small handful fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1/2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp.freshly grated Parmesan
Amazing lunch time soup! Thew this together in 15 minutes and you don’t even need to eat anything along with it, it’s pretty filling. Good flavor, quick, and easy, my kind of meal!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lay the slices of baguette on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Toast the baguette slice for 5-7 minutes until golden brown. While the baguette slices are toasting, prepare the pesto. In the bowl of a food processor, pulse together the garlic, basil leaves, olive oil and lemon juice. Transfer to a bowl and fold in the Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with kosher salt. Set the oven to broil. Fill 2 oven proof bowls with Tomato Basil Soup. Generously spread the 4 baguette slices with the pesto and place two on the top of each bowl of soup. Place 1 piece of fresh mozzarella on the top of the baguette and pesto. Drizzle the top of the cheese with a little olive oil and sprinkle it with salt and black pepper. Broil the soup for 5 minutes or until the top of the cheese is golden and bubbly. Serve hot.