- 3 Tbs. red Thai curry paste (or more depending on your heat preference. I used 5)
- 2 (14 oz) cans coconut milk
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock (more if soup thickens too much)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 2-inch strips
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 bunch rice noodles (Maifun Rice Sticks)
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1 sliced chile, for garnish (optional)
- juice of one lime
- coarse salt
Travis and I LOVE asian food. When we go on our occasional “date night”, we usually choose Thai food. We have scoped out many Thai places in Cleveland, even venturing deep in the ghetto to get there. When I saw this recipe, it caught my eye. It was a pretty simple soup to throw together and was very tasty even the next day for my lunch!
Bring a large pot to a medium-high heat. Add the curry paste with 1/4 cup coconut milk; whisk until smooth. Add the rest of the coconut milk and chicken stock. Stir until combined.
Add the red bell pepper, snow peas, peas, and chicken. Toss in a good pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer on medium for about 35 minutes, until the soup has thickened slightly. While base is simmering, cook noodles as directed on package and add to soup after 35 minutes. Continue to simmer for another 10 minutes.
Add half the lime juice, stir and taste. Need more salt? Add it.
Serve soup garnished with scallions and chile pepper. Oh! And remaining lime wedges.