- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 (8- to 12-ounce) container almond paste
- 1/2 (12-ounce) container raspberry pie filling
- Confectioners' sugar
One of my friends from work brought these bars in to work the other day. I made sure to get the recipe by the end of the day so I could make them too! I made a batch, I told her that I was going to freeze most of them so I didn’t eat them all. Well, they never made it in to the freezer. That’s a good sign, we finished them pretty quickly!
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add yolks and mix well. Add flour and nuts and mix until well incorporated.
- Divide dough in half. Wrap half in plastic and put in freezer while you make the base. Pat the remaining half of dough into a 11×7 inch pan with slightly dampened hands, if necessary. Spread almond paste over surface to within 1/4 inch of edges. Top with raspberry filling and spread in the same way.
- Remove dough from freezer and grate (with cheese grater) evenly over entire surface of filling. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until golden brown.
- Cut into squares while still warm but cool completely in pan. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and transfer bars to paper cups and a pretty serving tray or store tightly covered.